fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, December 2, 2022

Advent

 Looking up Advent, I found all these words: arrival, coming, approach, dawn, looming, birth, origin, emergence. Advent means all these things. I had meant to write this post yesterday, but life got in the way. When my children were little, we had several Advent calendars. They were not from a religious need, but more a way get them to quit asking how many days until Christmas. I haven't regularly used one for years.

This year, after seeing the one my daughter bought for herself with goodies in it, I decided I needed one too. I received a post card from a chocolatier advertising their gourmet chocolates Advent calendar. Now this is not an advertisement, but this thing is so neat, I just wanted to share it.

This company is in the city where I grew up, Kansas City. My sister-in-law sent us a box of chocolates from them for Christmas last year, but alas, she sent them to California after we had left. It seemed crazy to have my sister forward them to us, so we told her to keep them and enjoy them. Y'all these are some seriously fancy chocolates.



Here is the interior of this seriously sturdy box, with all its little trap doors full of chocolates.


This first on is lemon in white chocolate. Very lemon-y and so shiny and pretty. Each little door will tell you the flavor of the chocolate. This is going to be fun! And just the right size for a bit of after dinner sweet.

So, even if you don't celebrate Advent, a countdown to Christmas calendar can be a very good thing.

Have a great Friday!


No comments: