fabricologist

fabricologist

Saturday, December 3, 2022

Nap Blanket

 You know, as we age, we sometimes need a nap, just as we did when we were babies. And being a quilter, I have lots of quilts available for naps. But there are very few that I have made for my husband specifically. So for his birthday in late September, I decided he need a special nap blanket.

I went on line to Fat Quarter Shop and found some great blue flannel plaids. My husband loves plaid, and flannel. I decided to keep it simple and just do an easy patchwork. I cut up all the plaids into squares and began sewing.
I did make a slight pattern to the placement of the flannels. I decided to just quilt it simply in horizontal and vertical lines on each side of the seams. I wanted it to be sturdy but soft too.
For the back, I chose this buffalo check fabric. It's not flannel, but it was on sale so that's a win for me!

And the best part is that he loves it and uses it regularly, now that the weather has turned chilly. It is a very cosy blanket.

See you soon.


1 comment:

Karen S said...

That is perfect. The fabrics in the bundles are great. And love the backing, too. Great result.