fabricologist

fabricologist

Sunday, December 4, 2022

We Need a Little Christmas

I was listening to that song just the other day. "We need a little Christmas, right this very minute!" Now, I have sort of a weird relationship with Christmas. I can't call it love/hate. That's too strong. But, when I'm feeling it, I am all in. When I'm not, there is nothing to be done but to fake it as best I can. The last few years have been more fake it than anything. Now, there are a few moments here and there that I feel good about it, but few.

This year, I seem to be all in. Part of it is just being home again. North Carolina is home and it feels right. The other part is being in our own apartment, with no other family member living here except the two of us. We see the kids regularly, but this is our space.


 This is a first for us. A small, 4.5 foot tree, artificial. It seems that we are finally ready to be done with the messy mess that comes with a live tree. To be sure, we miss the smell, but we plan to get a wreath for the door that is live, so that will help. An, I set this baby up before Thanksgiving. I have NEVER done that before.

I put just the white lights on it, and left it at that until after Thanksgiving. I had my hubby get down all the Christmas stuff, so I could go through it all. I had already given the girls all their ornaments collected over the years. But still, I have a lot of decorations. I spent several days pulling out an ornament here and there. I wanted to keep it simple.

I started making the MMMcrafts twelve days ornament series. I bought the pattern last year.

                                         This is the front of the Colly Bird.
And, of course this is the partridge and the pear. I put these on my tree first, and little else. I started going through and finding all the bird ornaments. I found quite a few. I decided to do a mainly bird tree.


I apparently forgot to take a photo of the full tree, but I added the bow from my Advent calendar to the top of the tree. I will get a photo and include it in the next posting I do. Much more Christmas to come.

Happy weekend.



1 comment:

Karen S said...

Lovely to see the tree all lit up, and the decorations are gorgeous of course.