fabricologist

fabricologist

Thursday, May 28, 2020

Penny Sampler Quilt Club Catch Up

I wanted to do a quick post for the Penny Sampler Club. My May blocks have been done for over a week. This is a weird month. First, we go our assignments on about the 7th. I still felt like I had all the time in the world. Then about a week later, I worried that I would run out of time, so I started on them. Then, I was so taken with them, I did them all in just a few days. So now I am working on other things and waiting until June.
 This first block is my bell flowers. When I posted it to Instagram, one person thought it was tiny tee shirts and another thought it was kimonos. So funny.
We made two economy blocks this month and mine are both fussy cut windows from the Sonata line by Amy Sinibaldi. I had pulled that fabric in the beginning when I did my fabric pulls for the project, just hoping to be able to use them.
And this one, my favorite, is the flowers in a vase. I loved doing it in the last Penny Sampler and was so happy to see it back in this one as well. Choosing the fabrics is my favorite part of so many of these machine paper pieced blocks. I never thought I would ever learn to do this technique, let alone to like it. Rachel has changed all that for me. Her blocks are so interesting they just draw me in.

I hope you are all staying safe and well. See you soon.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

Love seeing all the blocks. Gorgeous colour in the bell blocks. I laughed at the comments but can see what they mean about shirts and kimonos.
Always like the way the economy blocks turn out.
But the vase of flowers is a winner. That looks wonderful.