fabricologist

fabricologist

Saturday, May 16, 2020

The Week That Was

I feel like I do lots of stuff every week, but when I sit down to write about it, I struggle to remember what I did. Oh, well. Here is a brief look at my week.
 I finished the flower on my Dropcloth ABC sampler. I am really enjoying this piece of work. It is fun to slowly work my way through the elements.
 I wore my Mother's Day crown all day last Sunday. I made one for each of my daughters as well, and they sent me pictures of them wearing theirs. The idea for these came from Susan Branch.
 Another batch of confetti cookies was needed. We have had a couple of guys working on our front yard and I wanted to thank them for their efforts.
 I ordered some cherries for our cocktail hour. Our local liquor store was out and these are our favorites, so I found them on line.
 I am also building this kit of London's Elizabeth Tower. These are like Legos, but super tiny. We didn't realize that the size was so small when we ordered it a couple of months ago, but I have decided to persevere and do it anyway. This represents a week and a half of effort.
 I am still working on blocks for my Penny Sampler Club quilt. These are called bell flowers, but I had a couple of funny comments on Instagram. One thought they were tiny shirts and the other thought they were kimonos.
In baking, I decided to make my own puff pastry. I have never done that before. It was a fun experience and it worked out okay. I do want to try it again and see if I can improve the outcome.
So that's my week, mostly. Hope you are all well. Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice job on the puff pastry and the crowns were awesome.

Karen S said...

Lovely work on the embroidered flower. Good progress there.
Hope the special cooing was enjoyed and appreciated.
Good luck with your tower construction.