fabricologist

fabricologist

Thursday, May 28, 2020

The Month of May

This has been another strange month. Lots of projects and not much else. I was supposed to leave today to go and see my grandchildren. I miss them so much and haven't been there since October. Now I will have to wait, and there's no way of knowing when it will be able to happen.

 First, a toast to Mother's Day and then a week later, my 40th Anniversary. Love some bubbly.

Still chugging along on my Dahlia blanket.  am uninspired to crochet much right now, but I am close to finishing it, so maybe two more weeks? I do still love the colors.

 And since it is cherry season, I just had to have some to bake with. This is the first bag.
 I made cherry almond Dutch baby, from a Smitten Kitchen recipe that I love. You can find it on her blog.
 Then I made cherry chocolate chip scones that were very yummy.
 For a proper southern BBQ, though, I had to make this recipe. I must say, I loved it, but maybe a wee less sugar next time.
And then, from the second bag of cherries, a cherry crisp. Very tasty, but I should have baked it a bit longer to get the juice to completely thicken up.

So May has been full enough. I hope you are doing well. See you soon.

2 comments:

Karen S said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. A wonderful achievement.
Your crochet is looking lovely. I hope you keep going as you must be so close to finished.
That baking looks delicious. I love cherry season!!!
I have to sympathise re seeing grandchildren. We were supposed to see our US family come over here in June. Of course that is not happening. And our Aus family has been in lock down, too, so no visits yet.
Hang in there.

Live a Colorful Life said...

Love that glass--very pretty. And your dahlia afghan is gorgeous! Stop with the pictures of your yummy food. :) Because now I just want to head to the kitchen and bake something with cherries!