fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, July 9, 2012

Hot, Hot, Hot!

Boy, has it been hot here.  So hot in fact, that today's forecast of 96 degrees sounds good! When it gets that hot, there is nothing to do but sew in the AC.  You all know I'm right, yes?  So, what am I sewing?  Take a look:

 First up is the back to my Swoon Quilt.  I have been procrastinating a bit, so I used Amy's One Thing, One Week Challenge to help me get past this.  I really do want to see this quilt finished.
I used a bunch of the fat quarters from the Reunion line, along with leftovers from the background fabric and just kept putting it together until it was big enough.  And surprise, I kinda like it.  For me, this is the hardest part of quilt making.

Here are the blocks again.  I think this will be a great quilt.  And yes, the blocks have been sashed, but the picture of that is not too great.  You can't see them very well.  Too hot to go out and take pictures.

 For the first time in 4 years I have a design wall.  I wanted to work on these blocks and see how they looked.  So I found my old flannel sheet and washed it and then just hung it up with tacks.
 I forgot how much I love having a design wall.  It makes things so much easier to see.
 I also finished my two Bee blocks for the Comfort Quilts Bee this weekend.  So I will be going to the post office this morning to get these in the mail.
I love how they turned out.  The rainbow fabric is a Hoffman Challenge fabric from about 2004 I think.  I have never known what to do with it, even though I loved it when I bought it.
Have a great Monday everyone.

2 comments:

Celtic Thistle said...

Your Comfort Quilt Bee Blocks look lovely, isn't it great when you finally find a reason to use a fabric you love!

Susan said...

I really like the rainbow fabric! I think that is a beautiful block. Can't wait to see the finished product of the swoon quilt!