fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, July 2, 2012

Baby Sewing

Lots of sewing going on here these days.  My latest is pants for baby B.  I have been wanting to make some for awhile now.  My first choice was the Quick Change pants from Anna Maria Horner.  But I don't have the book and after looking at it on Amazon, I decided that to buy it for that one pattern was not cost effective.  I didn't see anything else in the book that I thought I could use.

But I did have my daughter's copy of Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones and in it there is a pattern for kimono jammies.  So I used the pants pattern from that as my base.  They came out real cute and they were quick and easy to make.

 I usually crop my pictures a bit more, but I wanted you to see how small these are.  This is the 3-6 month size of the pattern.  It's so hot here, he won't need pants until the fall.  These will be perfect for October here in North Carolina.  It doesn't cool off that much until then.
 I used Michael Millers Bicycles and coordinating Dumb Dots for these.  They require a 1" elastic for the waist.  I highly recommend an easy pattern like this to start.  I am going to see if I can come up with some other cute combos from my stash.  Gotta find some boy prints.
The other thing I have been working on is the Fushion Blanket Crochet Along that Corey at Little Miss Shabby is hosting.  I love the idea and the finished blanket is so cute.  I am using a couple of charm packs of Hulabaloo by Urban Chicks for Moda that I had on hand and some Peaches and Cream cotton yarn that I won at a Stitch and Pitch giveaway at our ball park a few years back.  The crochet part is pretty easy and one square goes quickly.  We'll see if I keep up with this one.  I'd like to, but you know how that is.
Have a great Monday.

3 comments:

Celtic Thistle said...

Cute pants Charlotte and so tiny!

charlotte said...

Thanks. I love sewing little things. They go so fast.

Denise in PA said...

Goodness, those pants are cute! Love that bicycle print!