fabricologist

fabricologist

Monday, July 23, 2012

Sunday Morning Quilts

If you've been out of touch, you don't know about Sunday Morning Quilts.  It is a great book by Amanda Jean Nyberg and Cheryl Arkison.  There are lots of things going on around blog world that center on this book.  Amanda and Cheryl have invited anyone who has made something from the book to link up.  So here is my first project.  I say first because I know there will be many more.

 These are my first two ticker tape mini quilts.  Amanda Jean did a great big one in all colors.  I decided to do a series of smaller ones, each in a single color.  When I am done, I am going to arrange them in a collection in my bedroom.  For now, though, they live in my sewing room on a little clothes line.
Here is the third one.  I am truly using scraps and the background was a rectangular piece of white I happened to have.  So they will not all be the same size and shape, I guess.

I also have a Flickr group doing a Bee/swap of slabs from the book.  I hope to have future rounds of this Bee to make some of the other projects from the book.  Go take a look.

Have a great week.  I am off to run errands now.

8 comments:

Carla said...

Hi there. Your ticker tape quilts are cute. I have one about half done. Mine is all scrappy. I like the colour control in yours : )

Denise in PA said...

What a great idea - they are so cute!!

charlotte said...

Carla, the "colour control" you refer to is just me using may favorite color to make the small yellow one. After that, I got the idea to make a bunch of them as a series in different colors from my scrap bins. They are fun to make.

charlotte said...

Dive right in Denise. You've got time to make these, right?

Cheryl Arkison said...

What a great idea! Really can't wait to see the final result.

shawn said...

These look great! I love that book too. This is a great idea, doing each one in a different color.

charlotte said...

It's also nice that they are small. Quick to make and easy to work on the machine. Thanks Shawn.

charlotte said...

Thanks Cheryl. Couldn't have done it without the inspiration from your great book.