fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

My Monday Sewing

I usually am off from work on Sunday and Monday and those are the two days I get to do the most sewing.  I thought I would show you what I worked on this week.  Next week I am on vacation and I don't plan to go anywhere.  That means lots of sewing time for me!

So here is what I am working on:

 This is the first green block for August in the Sunday Morning Quilts Bee.  I took out my green scrap bin, and when I started pulling scraps, I decided that there were two types: soft, mellow green and modern, bright green.  So I decided they would look better if I made two different blocks.  I like each one for its self.
 Here is the bright green block...you can see how different it looks and feels from the other one.
 This is a summer weight quilt I am working on.  It is made with Lawn fabric from Connecting Threads.  Crazy Mom Quilts made a king size quilt using this same fabric.  Mine will be much smaller.  The fabric is so soft.  I love it.
I finally cut into my Summersville jelly roll.  I knew I wanted to do some 2.5 inch squares, but I hadn't figured out a layout.  Now, thanks to Camille, I know what to do.  I just need to get some Kona White for the sashing, but I started sewing the strips together.

I also have 4 quilt tops and their backs waiting to be quilted next week.  I am going to allow myself to buy batting for them.  It's not fabric after all and I don't have a stash of it.  We will see how far I get.  I will let you know.

If you are interested in my scrap giveaway, go here.
Have a great week.

3 comments:

barb said...

I dont have the book, but i enjoyed looking at your scraps, especially the yellow and blue log cabin, it was so pretty. do any other members of your family quilt? i do all my piecing and quilting by hand and my 36 year old daughter decided she had enough patience to learn. around the same time, i had a brain anurysm, since my daughter lived over 7 hours away, she quit her state job and moved in to take care of me. tragically, she died in my arms from a blood clot to her lung just four days later.
i love the fact that you are not afraid of color. hope you get to quilt during your vacation babscorbitt@gmail.com

Denise in PA said...

The blocks look great! I want to get some of that CT lawn - I was looking through my catalog at it the other night, but haven't ordered any yet. Love that Summersville!

Denise in PA said...

Oh, I also wanted to staying home for a week and sewing is my idea of a vacation!!