fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, June 5, 2020

650 Posts!

This post makes number 650 for this little blog. That is a lot of words and a lot of sewing and a lot of life. Every once in a while I go back and read the first few posts of my blog and I can't believe how far I've come.

Cindy from Live a Colorful Life used to do a series called the Name Game. She would interview a blogger and ask questions about the blog name they had chosen and whether they still liked it, etc. So I decided to tell you all that here, 9+ years into my blog.

When my first grandson was born, I wanted to decide what I wanted to be called. My grandmother was Granny. Her shoes were too big to fill, so I couldn't be a granny. I didn't want grandma, so I kinda mixed up the two into Grammie, but not with a y. When I told my children my choice, one of them said "Oh, like the award!" Ha.

A couple of years later, I wanted a vanity plate for my little yellow VW bug. I wanted Grammie, but it was taken. So I tried Grammie with a bunch of different letters behind it. Most of them taken. Then, my husband said "How about Grammie Q for quilter?" And that was it.

When I began my blog, about 3-4 years later, I was trying to find a name and there were so many good names out there, but again, my husband said how about Grammie Q? And so I became Grammie Q. I did worry initially that readers, if I ever got any, would have a perception of me as an old grandma and not want to read of follow me. But then I just forgot about it. And so here I am, all these years later, Grammie Q.
The Grammie who quilts, sews, cooks, bakes, reads and loves her grandchildren tremendously.

Blogger is changing its platform and I have heard it is not as user friendly anymore. We will see. If it's too hard to navigate, I may have to make a decision about the future of my blog. No promises.
So thanks for reading. I hope to see you all again soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've accomplished quite a lot.