fabricologist

fabricologist

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Dear Dottie, Round Two

Ever since I did my Dear Dottie quilt, I have wanted to make another one in a more restricted color pallet. This is my attempt at that.
The Dear Dottie quilt has these wonderful dots that you create in several configurations. Some are light background and more saturated color inside, some are the opposite of that, and all together, they make for a very striking look. This was a QAL done with Rachel at Stitched in Color awhile back.
This block is a color dot with a darker border. I have made all the blocks in this category, so check that off the list!
This is the "white" background/dark interior block. I am done with this set of blocks also. You should know that I started with the blocks I needed the fewest of. I need to keep myself motivated.
This is the block that is whit interior/dark background. I still have a bunch of these to make. And this is not even the one category I need the most of. Oh, my!
This is the dark dot/ light background color block. I made these first, and the fabrics I used for the background do not appear anywhere else in the quilt. I chose the same colors, but in a much lighter tone.
I plan to just keep plugging along on this quilt. I don't seem to have it in me to put the pedal to the metal on a project of any kind right now. I flit from one to another. I am okay with that.

Have a great day, and I will be back here soon.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

Love the idea of this quilt. The dots are a lot of fun and the colours with be great.