fabricologist

fabricologist

Friday, June 12, 2020

Testing Testing

So I decided to go ahead and switch to the new blogger format and see what happens. I am not deciding what I will ultimately end up doing, but I thought I should try it out at least.
So I finally started quilting the Good Fortune quilt that I began with Bonnie's mystery group in January of 2019. I did a couple of hours last week and decided to get it done this week. I did an hour or so each day, and yesterday it was finished.
And today the binding went on. I used a dark blue to frame the quilt and to make the blue in the final border stand out. I am pretty happy with it over all. I used an old Merimeko sheet for the backing. I have never done that before, but it worked out okay.
Over all I have to say I am glad it's done. I like the look of it. But I will never do another quilt with so many little pieces in it again. It was hard and quilting over so many seam joints was even harder. Still, I did use up a bunch of scraps and that's always a good thing, right?

I hope to talk to you soon. Many many projects are still in the pipeline.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

What a great finish. There is always so much work involved in these quilts and I admire you for taking it on. It looks great.