fabricologist

fabricologist

Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Penny Sampler Quilt Update

Working on the Dutch version of the new Penny Sampler Quilt Club is a monthly goal. We receive an assignment each month to complete the quilt, which is always the highlight of my month. When we finish, we will have another lovely quilt top. This quilt is all paper pieced and I am really learning to enjoy that technique for it's accuracy.

Here is part of this month's installment:
The top picture is some of the blocks on my design wall, with the friendship braid in the center. It was tough wrangling that long piece with the paper. It is 36 inches long!
This is the first of my houses. I was able to find enough of the raindrop fabric to do the sky in all of the three houses. Today, I only have one house done. I used Lola Dutch fabric from Sarah Jane. I had some leftover from Christmas gifts I made for Miss N.
The walls of this house are the library books on shelves. The windows are fussy cut from another border print in the collection. The part that is my favorite is Lola Dutch in the attic window reading, on a rainy day!
I will be back soon, to share the other two houses once I finish them.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

The blocks are looking great, but I especially love the house.I like the book theme you have going on with the bricks and the girl in the window. Gorgeous.