fabricologist

fabricologist

Thursday, June 4, 2020

Rain or Shine

Some months ago, I saw a snowball quilt and for some reason, I really wanted to make one. I had a couple of yards of Rain or Shine fabric from Wyndham, which I loved, and so I jumped in. I decided to do the in between blocks as a nine patch, adding color to the water color scenes. I used the dard blue Confetti Ombre Metallic for the corners of the snowballs.

 Here is a close up of the umbrella print. I love how cute and colorful it is. I used the umbrellas to help me choose the colors for the nine patch blocks.

 Here is a close up of the people walking with the umbrellas. It all looks like a water color painting and that's what I liked about it. I quilted wavy lines and then raindrops on the diagonal to mimic a rainy day.
 It's upside down here, but I quilted umbrellas free form in the borders and I have to tell you it really made me smile the whole time I was quilting.
 The blue dots are from Bada Bing by Me and My Sister. I wanted raindrops, but didn't have any, so this was the next best thing.
           These cute tea bags are part of the pieced back of the quilt.
                      This is the entire back of the quilt.
And one more close up of the border from the back so you can see the umbrellas. I am so pleased with how this came out, even if it did take me a long time to get it done.
Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you....

Karen S said...

This is a fun and colourful quilt. Great work with using the umbrellas in the quilting. They look great.