fabricologist

fabricologist

Thursday, June 3, 2021

Geesey Geesey Finished Pictures

I know I promised to come back and show off my finished quilt, but then I got busy and kinda forgot to take said pictures, until today.

I was waiting for a cloudy day, so the colors would not wash out.  I am pretty sure this is upside down, but, no matter.
The way I can tell, is that the pink backing bled a bit in the bottom right corner, which is in the upper left here. I used 2 color catchers with this, and they came out pink, but maybe two wasn't enough?
See the top right here? That old fabric is the culprit. It was an old batik I wanted to finally use up.
I had a few leftover geese so they flew onto the back of the quilt. I had forgotten how pretty this quilt is, until today when I saw it again. It has been sitting folded on a chair for awhile now.


 I also wanted to share this work in progress with you here.

I am working on another paper pieced string quilt now. I am trying to use up a bunch of my scraps in these two color bins. This is the third arrangement I have tried. I'm not set on any arrangement yet. It will sort of depend on how many of each block color I end up with. Well, I need to go work on these blocks. They won't sew themselves you know. Talk to you again soon.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Hello Charolette, I just have to let you know that I am inspired by you and the quilts and the apron that I have seen so far. The Geesey Geesey Quilt is amazing! I honestly love the fabrics you chose and the way in which you chose to lay them out. To me, this is such a balanced arrangement that it makes my eyes just automatically want to keep moving and searching for more of the movement and to just see everything. Excellent Quilt in every aspect! I honestly need to try creating a strip quilt with all of my scraps one of these days. LOL. I look forward to seeing what your final layout will actually be. Have a great time continuing on your quilting/sewing journey! Thank you for sharing and have a fantastic day!